What We Do
BTS helps public sector agencies measure and improve the performance of their transportation systems.
Transportation measurement systems are common. Measuring the performance of a transportation system isn't. Performance measurement is usually the last feature put into a transportation measurement system. Quite often, sensor data is only stored online for a limited amount of time, after which it's placed on tape media. After it gets on tape, it is usually irretrievable due to inertia, lost knowledge or just lack of skilled personnel to extract it. We believe that this approach is fundamentally wrong. We believe that sensor data should be stored online forever and that it should be used to characterize the performance of the system over time. These results can then be used in long-term planning, empirical studies, and freeway operations.
Iteris Acquires Berkeley Transportation Systems
For more information, please see the Iteris press release.
What We Offer
- Data Fusion Platform—Leverage all of your data
- Freeway Performance Measurement—Know your freeways
- Arterial Performance Measurement—Know your arterials
- Transit Performance Measurement—Know your transit system
- Count, WIM, AVCS Count Management—Warehouse all types of data
- Incident and Activity Management—TMC management and performance tracking
- Decision Support System—Simulate in real-time
- Traffic Information Distribution—Share with your customers